Discover the joy of being you.
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
It is also the greatest challenge.
No matter what our age we are constantly bombarded by messages telling us how to be better, smarter, prettier…
Messages that overwhelm and undermine us…. making us want to hide our minds and bodies from the harsh glare of the world.
But we don’t exist in parts. We are, each one of us, a whole person with a wonderful unique spirit, body and mind.
When was the last time you sat with this person, you, just listening, chatting, having a good time?
When we hide from the world, we disconnect from ourselves too. We forget who we are.
How can we find ourselves in all this noise? What can we do to cultivate our sense of self? What can we do let our spirit shine through?
In this workshop, we will use group interaction, yoga asanas, mindfulness, movement and breath, to reconnect with our selves. Embrace who we are. Find out what makes us happy and what gives us wings. Rediscover our muchness.
We will move through our chakras, our energy centres, to ground ourselves, to find our light, open our hearts and express ourselves with courage and compassion.
Ready to connect with yourself?
Join us on this beautiful journey of self-discovery.
What you can expect:
- A safe space to explore your body and breath
- Discover the mind, body, breath connection and how one influences the other.
- Learn how to use movement and breath to help you feel better.
What you will take away:
- A tool kit of grounding and nourishing techniques to help you in your daily life
- A greater awareness of yourself.
- And hopefully a rediscovered muchness.
Who can join:
- Everyone. Come as you are. No previous experience required.
- Some exercises will be done on the floor.
What to bring:
- Wear any comfortable, loose clothing
- Bring a cushion and a blanket or two bath towels
- A journal or notebook and pen.